If you are buying a home with Landed's down payment program, you’ll be able to purchase in the developed, urban, and near-urban regions of the following eligible Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs).
Landed follows a definition commonly used by U.S. government agencies to determine what is a developed, urban, or near-urban census tract.
- San Francisco - Oakland - Berkeley - includes counties of San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, San Mateo and Contra Costa.
- San Jose - Sunnyvale - Santa Clara - includes county of Santa Clara.
- Santa Cruz - Watsonville - includes county of Santa Cruz.
- Sacramento - Roseville - Folsom - includes counties of Sacramento and Yolo.
- Los Angeles - Long Beach - Anaheim - includes counties of Los Angeles and Orange.
- San Diego - Chula Vista - Carlsbad - includes county of San Diego.
- Oxnard - Thousand Oaks - Ventura - includes county of Ventura.
- Santa Maria - Santa Barbara - includes county of Santa Barbara.
- Riverside - San Bernardino - Ontario - includes parts of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
- Boulder - includes county of Boulder.
- Colorado Springs - includes county of El Paso.
- Denver - Aurora - Lakewood - includes city and county of Denver and Broomfield, and parts of Arapahoe, Jefferson, Adams, and Douglas Counties.
Atlanta - Sandy Springs - Alpharetta - includes counties of Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Rockdale. As well as parts of Bartow, Cherokee, Fayette, Coweta, Newton, and Spalding Counties.
- Any census tract of land that has more than 1,000 people per square mile is considered urban and is eligible for investment. Areas outside of these tracts will require additional review. Your Landed Relationship Manager will help you determine which areas of Hawaiʻi are eligible.
- Boston - Cambridge - Newton (not including New Hampshire) - includes counties of Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex.
- Worcester - includes city and county of Worcester.
- New York - Jersey City - White Plains (not yet including New Jersey) - includes counties of Kings, Queens, New York, Bronx, Richmond, Westchester, Rockland, and Orange. As well as parts of Putnam and Dutchess Counties.
- Nassau County – Suffolk County - includes counties of Suffolk and Nassau.
Charlotte - Concord - Gastonia - includes parts of Rowan, Cabarrus, Iredell, Mecklenburg, Gaston, York, and Union Counties.
- Portland - Vancouver - Hillsboro - includes counties of Multnomah and Washington, and parts of Clackamas County. As well as neighboring Clark County in Washington State.
- Bend - includes city of Bend.
- Salt Lake City - includes county of Salt Lake.
- Ogden - Clearfield - includes county of Weber. As well as parts of Davis and Box Elder Counties.
- Provo - Orem - includes county of Utah.
- Washington - Arlington - Alexandria - includes counties of District of Columbia and Frederick. As well as parts of Calvert and Montgomery Counties, and Prince George's County in Maryland.
- In addition Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Falls Church, Fauquier County, Manassas Park, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County in Virginia. As well as parts of Culpeper and Loudoun Counties.
- Seattle - Tacoma - Bellevue - includes county of King. As well as parts of Snohomish and Pierce Counties.
When you sign up to talk with a member of our team, we’re happy to chat about where you are interested in buying a home and confirm whether the location is eligible.
Most of the areas Landed operates in are densely populated areas in which the vast majority of homes on the open market are located in census tracts that meet the geographic requirement.