If you are buying a home with Landed's down payment program, you’ll be able to purchase in the developed, urban, and near-urban regions of the following eligible Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs).
Landed follows a definition commonly used by U.S. government agencies to determine what is a developed, urban, or near-urban census tract.
- San Francisco - Oakland - Hayward - includes counties of San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, San Mateo and Contra Costa
- San Jose - Santa Clara - Sunnyvale - includes county of Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz - Watsonville - includes county of Santa Cruz
- Los Angeles - Long Beach - Anaheim - includes counties of Los Angeles and Orange
- San Diego-Carlsbad - includes county of San Diego
- Boulder - includes county of Boulder
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood - includes City and County of Denver, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Adams County, Douglas County, and the City and County of Broomfield
- Any census tract of land that has more than 1,000 people per square mile is considered urban and is eligible for investment. Areas outside of these tracts will require additional review. Your Landed Relationship Manager will help you determine which areas of Hawaiʻi are eligible.
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton (not including New Hampshire) - includes Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex Counties.
- Portland–Vancouver–Hillsboro - includes Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington, and Yamhill Counties in Oregon, and Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington.
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria - includes District of Columbia, Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Montgomery, and Prince George's counties in Maryland, and Alexandria, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fauquier, Fredericksburg, Loudoun, Manassas, Prince William, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Warren counties in Virginia.
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue - includes counties of King, Snohomish, and Pierce
When you sign up to talk with a member of our team, we’re happy to chat about where you are interested in buying a home and confirm whether the location is eligible.
Most of the areas Landed operates in are densely populated areas in which the vast majority of homes on the open market are located in census tracts that meet the geographic requirement.