Landed only has a few simple eligibility requirements.
To qualify for Landed, a homebuyer must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an employee of a participating school district or institution of higher education. It is okay if you are purchasing your home with a family member or partner who does not work at a participating institution.
- You must have 2 or more years of experience working at any public educational institution (You do not need to have 2 years of experience at your current employer).
A year of experience at a public educational institution means:
You have worked more than 20 hours / week for at least 12 weeks during the academic year, at a public preschool, elementary school, middle school, high school, charter school, college or university.
Note: You do not have to be a teacher. Landed is available for both certificated and classified employees of eligible K-12 public school districts, as well as faculty and staff at institutions of higher education.
- You must qualify for a mortgage with one of Landed's participating lenders. Currently, Landed's participating lenders require that homebuyers contribute at least 10% towards the purchase of the home. This can include family gifts.
Buying with Landed has a few requirements:
- The home must be used as a primary residence for at least the first year.
- The home must be located within an eligible area. This typically includes the county where you work as well as surrounding counties.
- You must agree to stay with your current employer for at least the next two years. If you choose to leave voluntarily, you may be required to pay back the funds even if you weren’t planning on selling the home.
You do NOT need to be a first-time homebuyer.
If you aren’t sure whether you meet all of the criteria, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll make sure your questions are answered promptly.