To qualify for Landed's down payment program, a homebuyer must meet the following requirements.
- You must be an employee of an eligible employer. It's okay if you are purchasing your home with a co-buyer who does not work at an eligible employer, such as a partner or family member.
- You must have 2 or more years of experience working in your profession (you do not need to have 2 years of experience at your current employer).
If you have any questions about these requirements, please email email@example.com.
Note: You do not need to be a teacher or a nurse. Landed is available for certificated and classified employees of eligible K-12 public school districts, as well as faculty and staff at institutions of higher education and healthcare institutions.
- You must qualify for a mortgage with one of Landed's participating lenders. Currently, Landed's participating lenders require that homebuyers contribute at least 5% (10% in certain regions) towards the purchase of the home. This can include family gifts.
- You do NOT need to be a first-time homebuyer.
To use Landed down payment funds you'll need to meet a few requirements, including:
- The home must be used as a primary residence for the duration of your partnership with Landed.
- The home must be located within an eligible area.
- You must agree to stay with your current employer for at least the next two years. If you choose to leave voluntarily during this two-year period, that will trigger an end to your agreement with Landed and you will need to pay Landed at that point in time.
If you aren’t sure whether you meet all of the criteria, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make sure your questions are answered promptly.