Landed assists homebuyers with homeownership prep by sharing knowledge and resources.
Buying a home is a big deal! It's a huge milestone in many people's lives and is often a lifelong dream accomplished. While the outcome is incredibly rewarding, the journey to get there can be a rollercoaster. Know that you are not alone.
The information below is meant to support and guide you through the twists and turns of preparing for homeownership.
Knowing the Costs of Homeownership
- How Do You Actually Buy a Home? - Read up on the key steps of buying a home.
- 10 Things a First-Time Homebuyer Should Know - A list of tips and tricks for first-time homebuyers from agents.
- How Landed Supports You in Buying a Home - Learn how Landed supports and simplifies each step of the homebuying process alongside you.
- When's the Right Time to Buy? - Get insight on how to watch the market and better determine when it’s your right time to buy.
Gathering Data for Your Mortgage Application
- Calculating Your Debt-to-Income Ratio - Lenders use your debt-to-income ratio to assess whether or not you qualify for a mortgage and if so, how large that mortgage can be. With this tool, you can calculate the ratio for your household.
- Your Homeowner Monthly Budget - Download our monthly budget cheat sheet to estimate the impact a home purchase will have on your monthly budget and savings over time.
- Landed's Participating Lenders - Get a preview of some of our participating lenders. They're here to support you in understanding the lending process.
Understanding the Journey to Homeownership
- Tips for Working with Your Agent - Learn to build a rapport with your agent and work together in finding the right home.
- How Real Estate Agents Partner with Landed - Read up on how real estate agents partner with Landed and why.
Have more questions about homeownership? Get up-to-speed with our in-depth homebuying education resources.